Terms and Conditions
UPDATED 22nd October 2020
We kindly ask that all clients, new or existing, please read our Terms & Conditions thoroughly before booking an appointment. This includes any bookings you may already have.
(1) BEFORE YOU ATTEND YOUR APPOINTMENT:
– If you or anyone else in your household is displaying possible signs of Coronavirus or cold/flu symptoms, you must cancel your appointment at the earliest convenience (you will not be charged for this, but we do ask for as much notice as possible). You must wait 14 days before rescheduling your appointment and only when your are feeling 100% better and no longer showing any symptoms.
– If you or anyone in your household has been off island within the last 14 days, you must cancel your appointment and reschedule for after the 2 week isolation period has passed. Please only reschedule if yourself and your household members are not showing any signs of sickness (please see above).
– Wearing a face mask in the salon is now optional. Please continue to wear one if your feel more comfortable doing so. You may also ask us to wear one if it is your preference.
– Please try to arrive on time. We may ask you to come back if you’re too early as waiting space in the salon is limited. If you arrive too late we may ask you to reschedule. Please refer to section 5 of our terms and conditions for late policy.
– Please come on your own. We are a small salon so unfortunately we don’t have the space for anyone waiting that doesn’t have an appointment booked. We also use products and hot tools that could potentially be harmful to children, so we do ask that you don’t bring them along with you to your appointment.
(2) Coronavirus Sickness Policy:
Due to recent circumstances with COVID-19, if you are cancelling due to yourself or someone in your household showing signs of Coronavirus, then there will be no cancellation charge for this. However we do ask that you let us know at your earliest convenience so we can try and fill the appointment. If this is the reason for cancelling we will be unable to reschedule your appointment until the 14 day isolation period has passed and you are longer showing symptoms.
(3) Cancellation Policy:
We require at least 24 hours notice to cancel or amend an appointment. If you fail to give this notice, you may be required to pay 50% of the cost of treatments booked for that day. You may be contacted via phone or email to take payment.
(4) Missed Appointments:
If you fail to turn up to your appointment, without making any prior contact, you may be required to pay 100% of the cost of treatments booked for that day. Please note: You may also be required to pay a deposit or make full payment up front for future bookings. You may be contacted via phone or email to take payment.
(5) Late Policy:
Unfortunately due to strict time slots, we cannot extend your treatment time if you are late. We may need to reduce your treatment accordingly and full payment will still be required. Where this is not possible you may be asked to reschedule your appointment and full payment will still be required for your missed appointment. You may be contacted by phone or email to take payment.
(6) Patch Tests:
If you are having treatments that involve the use of adhesive/tinting/colouring of the hair, eyebrows or lashes where the colour/adhesive is in contact with the skin, you will require a patch test 48 hours prior to treatment. This is compulsory for the first treatment and failure to do so will mean you cannot have this part of the treatment. You must leave the area for 24hrs to see if any reaction is likely to occur. If you have a reaction to the patch test, please notify us as soon as possible so we can amend or cancel your appointment if necessary. If you have only had patch tests done in other salons, have not had tinting/colouring in the last 6 months, are currently pregnant, or have any recent changes in your skin/health/medication, you WILL require a new patch test. UPDATE: You must contact us to book an appointment for your patch test. We will no longer be able to offer this as a walk-in service.
During busy periods and for prom/wedding bookings, we may require a deposit to secure your appointment. We will notify you at the earliest convenience if this is the case, and how much you will be required to pay depending on the treatment. Any deposit paid is non-refundable and will be deducted off the total cost on the day of your appointment. UPDATE: If you have had an event cancelled due to Coronavirus restrictions but you have already paid a deposit, we will happily transfer the deposit to a new date. If we cannot do the new date or if you prefer, we can offer you the equivalent amount in the form of a voucher. These vouchers are valid for 6 months.
(8) Under 16s:
If you are under the age of 16, you must have a parent or guardian’s permission before booking an appointment and they must be present with you at the time of treatment. Acrylic nail treatments cannot be carried out on a person under the age of 16. Waxing/tinting/false lashes/gel polish treatments are not recommended for those under the age of 12.
(9) Pregnancy/Medical Conditions:
Some medical conditions/medication can affect how you react to certain treatments. If you are using any prescribed or over the counter medication (including topical), have a medical condition or are pregnant, please consult your GP prior to booking any treatment.
Vouchers are valid for 6 months and can be made out to any amount, to be used for any of our services, unless stated otherwise (i.e. donated vouchers for charity events). We will not be able to offer you a replacement if lost/stolen/destroyed. We can not exchange vouchers for cash. To purchase a voucher you will need to contact us directly and we will arrange a suitable time for you to come and collect. We can accept cash only for vouchers, so please bring the correct amount with you. Unfortunately at this time we cannot post/email vouchers out.